Hi, I signed the petition "Help END the #1 genetic killer of young children!". I'm asking you to sign this petition to help us reach our goal of 100,000 signatures. I care deeply about this cause, as we ourself have lost our baby "Jumaana" when she was just 4-month old for SMA in November 2008, and I hope you will support our efforts.
Please take 30 seconds to sign PetitionToCureSMA.com to help END Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), the #1 genetic killer of young children!
You can view this petition at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/5032925
* SMA is the #1 genetic killer of young children.
* Fewer than 1 in 35 people unknowingly carrying the gene responsible for SMA.
* 1 in every 6,000 babies is born with SMA; SMA prevalence is comparable to ALS and Cystic Fibrosis.
* SMA impacts the ability to walk, sit, stand, eat, breathe, and swallow. SMA does not impact the mind and children with SMA are bright and social.
* There is currently no treatment and no cure for SMA, but there is HOPE!
* The NIH has selected SMA as the disease closest to treatment of more than 600 disorders.
* Leading U.S. researchers, including Nobel laureate James Watson, have stated that a viable treatment for SMA is possible within 5 years IF they are provided the proper resources.
Our own story of losing our baby "Jumaana" for SMA:
We ourself have lost our baby "Jumaana" when she was just 4-month old for SMA in November 2008 & we know how painful it is & we know how important it is to save a life. These babies will be mentally very active than any other babies of their age, but physically they need a lot of support in everything. Our baby was an angel & we miss her so much, but we are glad she will be safe with the God. And we will be very much happy if there will be an end to SMA as early as possible as it is the no.1 genetic killer for sure.